Please use this as well if you are applying for the Summer Internship
As an Editorial Intern, you will work directly with the Editor-in-Chief to help manage the editorial calendar, stories pitched to Conscious Magazine, assist with research and developing trend stories, and manage communication with guest contributors and photographers.
The benefits this internship include a flexible working schedule (up to 10 hours per week) and first-hand experience in working for a socially-good startup media company.
What We're Looking For:
- Entrepreneurial driven spirit
- Background in journalism.
- Writing and communication skills.
- Past volunteer work
- Interested in learning to build an editorial calendar
- Interested in working in the fast paced world of media
Project Tasks, but not limited to:
- Review story pitches and document into assigned categories
- Provide 1-2 sentence summaries of pitched stories
- Help develop the editorial calendar for the months August through November
- Communicate with guest contributors, featured story contacts, and photographers
This is a non-paid internship.